M&E Surveying Engineer
Date Posted: 2 January 2024
We are a leading international business which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that the employees of today can be the owners of tomorrow.
We are looking for Mechanical & Electrical Surveying Engineers who will support the delivery of M&E full asset capture, life-cycle, condition and dilapidation surveys, interfacing with clients, customers, consultants, and construction firms.
Duties of the role would include:
- Contribute to successful project completion by providing technical services in accordance with project time and quality.
- Maintain, enhance and apply technical knowledge ensuring production of high quality surveys and reports.
- Liaise with clients, professional organisations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other surveying departments.
- Work as part of the Mechanical and Electrical Services Asset Surveying Team.
- Carry out site surveys to record, condition grade and detail existing mechanical and electrical services assets.
- These assets will be recorded using an app-based specialist surveying software on a handheld tablet device (iPad, android or similar).
- Detailed word descriptions of the mechanical and electrical services asset and any defects will be required as part of the report output.
- Detailed and thorough review of the sites existing mechanical and electrical services servicing and maintenance records will be required to inform condition grading.
- Surveys will be undertaken at a variety of buildings, such as (but not limited too) hospitals, health care, schools, colleges, universities, hotels and commercial premises.
- Our survey commissions cover the whole of the UK, requiring the need to stay away from home on a regular basis on a fully expenses basis.
- Smaller surveys may require you to work alone under your own initiative.
- Report to Associate Director MEP Asset Surveying.
- Other tasks as required
Type of surveys include:
- Full asset capture and lifecycle surveys, where all existing assets are recorded, condition graded and remedial works given a priority rating.
- Planned preventative maintenance surveys to identify assets and likely maintenance budgets required over a 5 or 10 year period.
- Latent defect surveys undertaken as buildings approach the end of a construction contract.
- Dilapidation surveys typically undertaken towards the end of tenancy or lease term.
- Environmental condition validation testing using calibrated instruments, including but not limited to lighting lux levels, acoustic measurements, ventilation flow rates, humidity, space temperature, surface temperature of heat emitters, water services and pipework. Results used to compare and verify performance of the M&E services against the original construction contract specification and room data sheets.
- Accessible ceiling inspections recording the condition and grading of M&E assets and services above ceilings using ladders.
Along with a professional, confident and friendly manner, you should possess:
- City & Guilds, or HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to use own initiative and work proactively, sometimes working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems with experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in using GoReport would be beneficial.
- Mechanical and Electrical Services surveying experience.
- Experience working in the mechanical and electrical services industry, whether it be engineering consultancy or the practical installation background.
- Good knowledge of British Standards, regulations and mechanical and electrical services design and installation practices.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
We hold Investors in People status and will provide the successful candidate with:
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package, including private health cover, pension scheme, income protection, life assurance and retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service, plus holiday purchase and sell-back schemes
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Hybrid working
The working hours for this role are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 3.45pm Friday, 45 minutes for lunch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity.
We are a progressive and innovative global organisation which welcomes and embraces new ideas. Our aim is to offer a significantly higher quality service than all of our competitors. We offer and support unrestricted career progression within the business and believe that our employees of today can be the company owners of tomorrow.